Consumer Information and Education
This page is for your use in safeguarding your personal and financial records from fraud and identity theft. It also provides links to various agencies that can assist you with any of these needs.
If you should require any assistance or have any questions, please feel free in contacting one of our Representatives. NebraskaLand National Bank is dedicated to providing our customers highly personalized service.
When clicking on any of the links below to outside websites that are not part of NLNB, you will be taken to a new browser window to view the link.
- Click here to go to NLNB's identity theft education website.
- Click here to get an Identity Theft Kit from the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) that can assist you in taking charge and fighting back against Identity Theft.
- Donotcall.gov takes you to the federal government site to register your home and mobile numbers to stop telemarketer calls, after approximately three months. To register by phone, call 1-888-382-1222.
- Consumer.gov/idtheft is a government site maintained by the Federal Trade Commission. This site answers all your questions about identity theft.
- Ftc.gov/bcp/consumer.shtm is also from the FTC. Click on 'Telemarketing' to learn about telemarketing scams.
- BBB.org is the Better Business Bureau. Click on 'Business' to get an immediate free report on any company. This is also a convenient way to check on an online business, by entering the company's web address (URL).
- Antiphishing.org is The Anti-Phishing Working Group. Their goal is to eliminate identity theft and fraud that results from phishing e-mails and spoofed web sites.
- Annualcreditreport.com Beginning in 2005, you are entitled to a free copy of your credit report from all three credit bureaus every 12 months.